YANGON – BAGAN – INLE LAKE – YANGON
Day – 1 | ( Yangon Sightseeing )
Arrive to Yangon International Airport. You will meet your tour guide or tour leader after clearing immigration and customs control at Yangon International Airport. Transfer to hotel. Begin a sightseeing tour of garden city that includes –
- Chauk Htat Kyi, a huge reclining Buddha image.
- Nga Htat Kyi, a sitting Buddha image.
- Botathaung Pagoda, contained Buddha hair relics.
- Bogyoke (Scott) Market (closed on Mondays and public Holidays)
gives you the opportunity to see Myanmar’s wide range of handicrafts and souvenirs.
- Shwedagon Pagoda, famous worldwide – its golden stupa is the ‘ heart’ of Buddhist Myanmar. Return to hotel.
Accommodation at Sky View hotel (or) another 3* hotel in Yangon.
Lunch and Dinner at local restaurants.
Day – 2 | (Yangon – Bagan)
Transfer to Yangon Airport for domestic flight to Bagan. Starting a sightseeing tour with visits to
- Manuha Temple ,build in the Mon style in 1059;
- Nanpaya Temple, a unique sandstone monument said to have been the palace of king Manuha .
- Continue to Myazedi Stupa and Mingalarcedi.
- Dhammayangyi , a massive – looking temple dating from 1170 that is famous for its interlocking mortar less brickwork.
- Tharabar Gate, the only non – religious structure left from Bagan era.
- See 13th Century frescoes adorning the corridors of Kyansittha ‘cave’ Temple.
- The last site for today is Anada Temple , a masterpiece of Mon – style architecture with four huge standing Buddha.
- (If we have time permitted , we will go and see how to make Pone Yee Gyi , Fermented Horse Gram Sauce).
Accommodation at hotel in Bagan.
- Breakfast at hotel in Yangon.
- Lunch and Dinner at local restaurants in Bagan.
Day – 3 | (Bagan – Inle Lake)
This morning visit to
- Shwezigon, Bagan’s most important reliquary shrine- look out for images of the 37 ‘nats’ (spirits) housed in a small hall.
- Visit to Lacquer ware factory to watch craftsmen skillfully making this most famous of Bagan handicrafts.
- Drive to Inle Lake by car.
Accommodation at hotel in Nyaung Shwe.
- Breakfast at hotel in Bagan.Lunch and Dinner at local restaurant.
Day – 4 | (Inle Lake – Yangon - Departure)
In the early morning excursion by boat on picturesque Inle lake.
See the lake’s unique ‘leg rowers’ the Intha people row standing up with one leg wrapped around an oar, leaving their hands free to manipulate the conical fishing net.
- Stop at Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the holiest religious site in southern Shan state.
- Visit traditional silk – weaving workshop which user wooden handlooms, and
- blacksmith’s forge. Silversmiths too.
- Pass endless floating gardens, where Intha lake dwellers grow fruit and vegetables.
- If time permits, visit Nga Phe Kyaung Monastery , one of the oldest on the lake, where you can see exquisite Buddha statues which are more than 200 years old.
- Return to your hotel by boat.
- Transfer to Heho airport for domestic flight to Yangon.
- Departure from Yangon International Airport.
- Breakfast at hotel in Nyaung Shwe.
- Lunch at local restaurant.
: Accommodation at 3* hotel with twin sharing for 3 nights.
: Breakfast at 3* hotel for 3 times.
: Lunch and Dinner at local restaurants for 7 times.
: Sightseeing with English (or) Thai speaking guide
: Private air con coach.
: Domestic air ticket fare
: All entrance fees .
: Boat charges
: International air fare, visa fees, Personal Expenses.